Stichting ENSIL (European Network for School Libraries and Information Literacy) is a Foundation, based in the Netherlands. It advocates professional school librarianship, by encouraging professional development of school librarians, exchange of information between school librarians and stakeholders and promoting school libraries throughout Europe.
ENSIL supports education, reading, critical thinking, and full citizenship; ENSIL promotes school librarianship
Because ENSIL is a foundation, not an association, we do not have members but participants. Anybody in Europe involved in school librarianship can become a participant and participants do not pay a membership fee.
Being a participant includes sharing information via our list serve (discussion list) and Facebook page facebook.com/ensil-europe/ and or become involved in activities.
Our main goals are:
• Research on and dissemination of information about school libraries and the profession of school librarians
• Research on and dissemination of information about Information literacy and Multiple literacies
• Advocacy for school libraries and the profession of school librarianship
• Communication among professionals in the field of school librarianship and information/multiple literacies
• Promoting professional development of school librarians
See more on the “About us” page
6095 NC Baexem
T +31475 – 452400
M +31654 – 232328